Monday 11 October 2010

Days 14 : Walls!! (Sausages)

So then, it's 13 days into our 30-40 day project and the walls are just about eye height and Helen has got bored writing the blog and I've been drafted in to do it.

I see myself as more of an amusing commentator rather than an original content generator so I'm not sure what to put except that the walls went up at breakneck speed today and should be finished up to "plate" (which is builder speak for something I didn't really understand at the first pass) by Wednesday afternoon.


The kitchen fitters are coming tomorrow afternoon so I need to be here to make decisions and sound definite about things when the occasion demands. I'm not looking forward to it as I might end up getting the sink cut into the granite some inches too far to the left/right. Oooh, the pressure.

On another note, Helen lost to Mel at Badminton this evening. Badminton is a game which Helen has never previously played but in which she was confident of a famous victory as recently as 8.00pm this evening.

Right. Offski. Enjoy the pics.







2 comments:

  1. At 4-2 down I had her worried though!

    What's amusing is that today's post was written in response to a mildly irate phone call from Ed's Mum wanting to know where her update was. Of course we could have just told her, but where's the fun in that!

    Hope you liked it Suzie!!

    ReplyDelete